The global process water treatment market size was valued at $263.1 billion in 2020, and is projected to reach $520.4 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 7.0% from 2020 to 2030.
Process water is water that is used for a variety of manufacturing processes, including boiler make-up water, cooling tower make-up water, coating and plating, rinsing and spraying, washing and many others. Municipal or ground water supplies often contain dissolved minerals that can cause a multitude of problems to affect product quality and manufacturing costs.
Increase in demand for clean water for municipal and industrial purposes, stringent regulations associated with the waste water discharge, and rapid growth & investment in the industrial sector are the key factors expected to propel the growth of the process water treatment market during the forecast period. In addition, substantial growth in the usage of water in several industrial sectors such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals is estimated to drive the growth of the market. The primary factor boosting the demand for effective industrial wastewater treatment is increasing environmental concerns coupled with stringent government regulation regarding industrial wastewater. In addition, increasing industrialization and urbanization, declining freshwater resources, increasing energy demand across the globe, rising focus on water quality and public health, increasing prevalence of water-borne diseases, rising industrial demand, and stringent governmental regulations on treating industrial wastewater are the key factors driving the growth of the industrial wastewater treatment market. The growing focus on industrial wastewater treatment in countries such as the U.S., China, and India provides significant growth opportunities for market players in the coming years.
The global process water treatment market is segmented on the basis of technology, manufacturing process, application, and region. Depending on technology, the market is categorized into activated carbon filters, chlorination, distillation, electrodeionization, ion exchange, microfiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, and others. On the basis of manufacturing process, it is divided into boiler make-up water, cooling tower make-up water, coating and plating, rinsing and spraying, washing, and others. On the basis of application, it is classified into municipal, industrial and others. Region-wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global process water treatment market analysis covers in-depth information about the major industry participants. The key players operating and profiled in the report include Advantage engineering, Inc., BWT, DuPont, Evoqua water technologies LLC, Lenntech B.V., Pentair Plc., Samco technologies, Inc., Spirax sarco limited, SUEZ, Water professionals, and Yasin Porozheh Company.
Global process water treatment market, by technology
By technology, the others segment dominated the global process water treatment market in 2020, and is projected to remain the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period.
Global process water treatment market, by manufacturing process
By manufacturing process, the others segment accounted for the highest market share of around 26.8% in 2020, and is projected to maintain the same during the forecast period.
Global process water treatment market, by application
By application, the industrial segment accounted for around 44.2% of the global process water treatment market share in 2020. Increase in number of industries utilize large amount of water in manufacturing processes and this rise in water usage generates the need for process water treatment.
Process water treatment market, by region
By region, Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market, driven by rising standards of industrial water quality, adoption of complex manufacturing processes, and strong economic growth, resulting in greater municipal and industrial spending in water treatment efforts.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global process water treatment market trends along with the current and future market forecast.
- This report highlights the key drivers, opportunities, and restraints of the market along with the impact analyses during the forecast period.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of the buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the process water treatment industry for strategy building.
- A comprehensive global process water treatment market analysis covers factors that drive and restrain the market growth.
- The qualitative data in this report aims on market dynamics, trends, and developments.
Impact Of Covid-19 On The Process Water Treatment Market
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has had an adverse impact on the global economy as governments globally were forced to implement lockdowns to prevent the spread of the virus. As a result, the operations of water treatment plants and systems were hampered. The immediate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic was that the demand for domestic water increased while the demand for non-domestic (industrial, institutional, and commercial) water declined in most municipalities worldwide. The primary challenge faced by the players in the water treatment sector was to ensure operational continuity to minimize the impact on the water delivery for municipal applications. The objective of the desalination plant operators was to secure a reliable water supply to local communities and municipalities during the pandemic.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has reduced the water industry's investment rates. Because many companies have halted or postponed their usual production activities, investment rates have dropped, and the production department is experiencing a decline, the water treatment industries have suffered a significant setback.
- There was somewhat steady and sluggish growth in the water treatment market, owing to the corona or COVID-19 pandemic across the globe for the year 2020. This is attributed to complete ban on manufacturing and production operations in many countries. Precautions can be taken through personal hygiene and sanitization, which demands clean and plenty of water. This increase in demand for water access, hygiene, clean water, and others helps in stabilizing the water treatment market growth in this pandemic period. Proper operation and excellence of water utilities is needed in case of handling disasters and emergencies in the best possible way.
- There is effect on the supply chain due to regulations on the import & export of the chemicals and raw materials. Thus, the shortage in raw materials resulted in the production of water treatment chemicals and hence, affects the market growth. Moreover, shutting down of the production, manufacturing, oil & gas, and operations in the industries impacted the growth of the process water treatment market in 2020. According to the American Water Works Association (AWWA) member survey, there is impact of corona on the field operations, interruptions of treatment chemical supply chains, and others.
Process Water Treatment Market Report Highlights
- Activated carbon filters
- Ion exchange
- Reverse Osmosis
|BY MANUFACTURING PROCESS|
- Boiler make-up water
- Cooling tower make-up water
- Coating and plating
- Rinsing and spraying
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, .Rest of Europe)
|Key Market Players||ADVANTAGE ENGINEERING, INC., BWT, DUPONT, EVOQUA WATER TECHNOLOGIES LLC, LENNTECH, PENTAIR, SAMCO TECHNOLOGIES, INC., SPIRAX SARCO LIMITED, SUEZ, WATER PROFESSIONALS, YASIN PAJOOH COMPANY|